Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Heat+hills+humidity=hard!!

  Couldn't help but get out late this morning. Just an easy run on the schedule but I will tell you it turned out  to be hard!! The heat index is nearly 100 so with hills and humidity it was pretty tough. I remembered back in "the day" when I'd run 10 milers of hills in mid-day August! Oh the wonders of youth!!
  So i slogged this one out, putting 48 minutes on the roads, having negative thoughts in regards to the race Saturday?! Gee, if I can barely survive this how will I give a good effort Saturday? I am in a dreadful deficit of miles! Yes, maybe I've put 8 weeks in of gradual building and have finally reached 20 miles per/wk w/o injury or pain, but I need to be realistic....can I even run 3.1 as a FCR? If so I really will need to adjust pace  to a realistic goal...I was hoping 10K pace which is 8's...but after today?.....don't know? Plus I don't want to be embarrassed? On track this week to stay in base camp II, only need about 120 more minutes on roads! Peace!

5 comments:

Marlene said...

Ah yes, the 4 H's!

Don't doubt yourself... this one was tough, so the next one won't be.

Tina @GottaRunNow said...

Just call the race a tempo run and you're good to go!

Leah B. said...

Good luck on your race and have FUN. Don't worry, be happy!

Johann said...

You'll be fine for the race. Just take it easy and relax about the time. Go and enjoy the run.

Lindsay said...

I think you'll surprise yourself in the race. That competitive nature will come out and you won't dwell on the weather as much! Keep truckin' on Mark!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...