Thursday, August 19, 2010

Keep on pushin', pushin', pushin'

   I believe on of the main culprits of failed and broken dreams is apathy, or just plain laziness! Oh, yes, there is a time to just veg out, for sure, but so many folks find it difficult to dig down deep and go it alone! Ultimately that's what it takes to achieve true success, a decision to go for it and push on through all the nay- saying and discouragers. Example-often when people begin running family and friends will warn with the proverbial  "your knees will wear out!" saying this as they chow down on a chunk of sugar!
  Keep on pushin'!! You can get there!! Eschew Laziness!!
  47:41 TOR (time in road). The heat is back....I love it!!! My Sweetheart and I are off to town to run errands, eat Mexican, and go to the cheap 5$ movies! I am wondering about chomping on some sugar?!:)
  Peace!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

YES! So many times it has been temping to just laze on the couch instead, like the old me.... but there is work to be done!

Lindsay said...

LOL. yeah gotta love those arguments from non-active people...

$5 movie?!?!? whoaaa! where do you get that kind of deal!

Tim F said...

There are many times I want to just veg out, but it always feels so good to get a run in (after the run). Even if that run occurs at midnight for me.

Johann said...

It’s all about commitment and dedication. I’ve been good the past few years. I always smile when non active people tell me about all the damage I’m inflicting on myself with all the running. Have a good weekend!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...