Monday, August 2, 2010

A Pleasent Loneliness

  Sometimes you just get tired and want to unload on someone or about something! I've discovered over the years that it's best to impose self-control during those times! I always live to regret what I might say or do, yet perhaps sometimes it's necessary to at least try to tell your side! This is one reason I so love my time on the roads. To me running is private. It is a sweet and pleasant loneliness. A time to unload and reload! A time to search and regroup, to test and prove. I believe running is as natural to us as any other aspect of our existence. Man I'm thankful I am able to hit the roads.
  Our hottest days yet are upon us so I was out by 7am this morning. I did two miles warm-up then 11X175m hills. All reps were under one minute and I recovered better than last week. I need to fit five days into three this week! Have you ever had to do that? Leadership conference Thurs&Fri....(still might sneak in a round of golf). Peace!!

5 comments:

racing dawn said...

I love running for all those reasons too... thanks for breaking it down! I'm on a mission as well to break 4 hours! Good luck to you my friend - i'll be excited for you when it happens!

Unknown said...

Nice words of wisdom, thank you!

Jill said...

I love a good run to clear the mind! Hope you get that golf game in :).

Johann said...

My running time is my alone time as well. I think a lot and do a lot of problem solving on my morning runs.

Lindsay said...

running is like this for me too - time for me, time to be alone with my thoughts, or just time to zone out. it's a great release! hope you are able to golf this weekend!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...