Saturday, August 21, 2010

Zapped

    Today I had hoped for a track work-out that I could write home about, I made it to the track but I was late! The heat and humidity added to my strange sense of fatigue, what was wrong? I could barely get going?
  So I trudged along, stopped, drank some water...was I dehydrated? I took some medicine last night and it seems to have zapped me? Stuffy nose....
  I finally felt like I could try a repeat and did 1K in 5:15. Not what I need! I rested for 200m and drank some more water...another 1K in 5:19. I'm done....I lived to train another day. Not a good day at the track, I simply have no energy, totally zapped!44:50 minutes. I look for one more run this week putting me on track as I continue to increase distance. Peace!

3 comments:

ihaverun said...

I wish someone would bring our energy back, dang it! Great job getting out there though. Have a great weekend, what's left of it!!!

DawnB said...

Sorry it didn't go so well. Tomorrow it will be better.

Anne said...

It's probably the decongestant. I always feel a bit lethargic after taking something. Plus, the heat doesn't help. Tomorrow's another day.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...