Friday, November 5, 2010

All Talk?

  "Unless someone acts nothing happens"  a great quote and truth, too. I acted today! 4 x .25 hills. I have extended the length of the hill nearly to the gully....it flattens out some but there is still room for expanding at the bottom. I hope to eventually run the entire hill. Garmin said it's a 215 foot elevation gain. Man I was feeling it!!! My quads and lungs were burning!! My miles are low but I plan on "acting more" beginning next week with a plan of four running days. I am excited about the training plan I have put together and believe it will serve to help me run a respectable marathon.......I am using what I call the "spring theory" and it consists of at least three hard efforts per week, with one to two additional runs. I must get back to the base this month for me to be ready for Little Rock....I haven't told Sandy about my plan to run that marathon....hope she's receptive??!!Peace!

2 comments:

Marlene said...

I'm sure your lvoely wife will support you no matter what! Best of luck getting that mileage up!

Have a great weekend, friend!

Lindsay said...

i also think she will be fine with it :) great hill work! i always manage to talk myself out of those... whoops.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...