Saturday, February 5, 2011

What a week!

Lots of snow and ice! More than in the last several years. Sandy missed two days of work...it's really been a mad house in our community. People in panic mode and even fighting over milk in at the local  Wal-mart. There was an unbelievable fear..."Oh no! The blizzard of 2011! We're all gonna die!!" it's usually in the sedentary that panic...just an observation....I think we runners are more confident, and prepared, realizing we can endure a little hardship.
  Well, a little sun+wind+snowplow+salt= clearing roads! Very enjoyable 4 miler today! It sounds like we've more significant snowfall coming next week...better get to Wal-mart!!:) Peace!

4 comments:

Marlene said...

It's unfortunate to see people in panic mode unnecessarily. Being prepare is one thing, but most seem to overreact. Glad you were able to get out there!

Love to Run said...

Endured the same blizzard. Thanks for sending it my way! Funny how people act when a snow storm is on the way. Grocery stores are jammed right before even thouhg we always have reoads cleared in a day or 2.

Jill said...

I lived in Alabama for a stretch, I understand the panic mode people get in when they feel they are going to be stranded for months. Hehe. Good job on the 4 in the blizzard :).

Jamie said...

I don't understand why people get in such a panic/overreact about the weather. Glad the roads are now clear and you had a nice 4 miles!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...