Thursday, June 2, 2011

Discipline is when the "not to" beats the "want to"!?

   As I have been doing this everyday but Sunday running thing, with a minimum of 30 minutes each run, I have seen a gradual trimming of waist and gaining of speed. The process seems to be escalating since I've upped the time to 40 minutes....I'm gaining confidence and momentum. I even was looking at a potential Marathon on the calendar, the Mother Road US 66 marathon October the 2nd. Theoretically I could be ready but I hesitate to say anything.....
  Today I felt so good that I was tempted to do another 40 minute run. That would of been 4 in a row.....that's building too fast and I know it! A good way to ignite the Achilles tendinitis fires! So I said NO! I got my 30 in but.....I thought why couldn't I work some fast twitch muscles? So I ran the last mile hard.
  I need to be able to discipline myself to intelligent training! So I'm not going to plan anything yet, just keep running everyday but Sunday. 30:24 today....16.84 miles this week......man I long for a long run....Peace!
 

2 comments:

Marlene said...

You are playing it smart and building that mileage base. So good to see you running consistently and good for you getting back into shape!

A marathon would be nice. Or why not a half if you don't want to push the distance too much yet.

Johann said...

Discipline can sometimes be very difficult. Holding back or doing less requires great discipline. I would love to run Route 66! I've read reports about the Mother Road 100 miler and think it is one of the roads you need to run on at least once.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...