Thursday, July 14, 2011

Feelin' the Runner thing....

     I've pulled out the same singlet and shorts I wore when I ran Grandmas some years ago Man, I had the 4 hrs in the bag until the 20 mile marker! Suddenly and w/o warning my quads became concrete cinder blocks! It was a rough 10K on in and I missed the 4 hr mark by 6 minutes! The cloths remind me that I was really fit, and I did run well. Today, I found the zone even though it's hot and I'm a little tired. I had on the outfit and I felt the runner thing....you know? That place where you find peace, joy, contentment, that proverbial runners high! The strength that makes running easy? Gliding effortlessly, actually knocking off a decent pace and not gasping or huffing but a sweet rhythmical pattern that is a cadence for your feet.
  I'm pretty encouraged after fighting back all these months to have found that one brief moment...hope I get it again, soon! 55 minutes today, up to 20.68 for the week, off day tomorrow!!!! Peace!

2 comments:

Marlene said...

Amazing how an old outfit can bring back memories! Nice run!

Lindsay said...

We all plod thru the rough days to have one good day like this one! They make it worthwhile though :) Got to lovefitting in to old clothes still!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...