Friday, July 29, 2011

What's the rush?

Lilly Tomlin once said  "even if you win the rat race you are still a rat!"  Today traffic was nuts out here!? I counted 30 cars passing me and usually it's just a handful....what was odd was everyone seemed in such a hurry! Speeding, weaving, exuding a sense of urgency. I was in my own little world while the world seems to be running mad! Yet even this week it has seemed that time is short and work is long, life piles up and we often can't shovel fast enough to find the way out...
  I actually ran a tad bit faster even as the record setting heat set in and blazed. I have one more run slated this week, a 6X2min @ HM pace road workout. Hope the traffic lets up!:) Today, 65 minutes of conversational pace running, I now have logged 23.76 miles this week. Peace!!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Everyone is often rushing somewhere! Great job on the run!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...