Saturday, November 26, 2011

Saturday speed-work

  So I set Saturdays apart for speed-work. Treadmill speed-work is somewhat restrictive...in an odd sense that is...the speed is set, there is no  room for momentary adjustment, however; I like the idea of being able to "force feed" the pace. I did 3x1/2 mile with a 1/4 mile rest. Pace was 7.5, 7.6, and 7.7mph. The 7.7mph is very near the pace speed I'd like to run a 5K. 7:47's. I am really pleased with how the tendons are responding...virtually no burning!  At my weigh in I registered around 182-183lbs, my scale is crappy! So I've knocked off around 3lbs!
  A good warm up and cool down, solid 1/2's, a strong week at 29 miles total on the treadmill.
  So a day off tomorrow! Then back to calorie burning! Peace!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Great job on the scale & the treadmill! Keep it up.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...