Monday, January 23, 2012

Pushin' it!

  I continue to push the old body! Today my goal was 14 miles on the treadmill, 1 degree incline, the pace was undetermined....at least 10 to 20% slower than MP(9:09's)...but that didn't happen....nope...had to push it!
  By 12 minutes in I was at 6.2mph...held that to 20 minutes in, ramped up .1mph to 6.3 and held that to 50 minutes in, ramped up to 6.4mph, held that to 90 minutes in, ramped up to 6.5mph, held that to 14.03 miles in 2:13:15. That's averaging 9:30's so not bad for a training run! I haven't run that fast for that long in years! However; the treadmill is much easier than the roads....I am staying focused on weight loss!!!
  I wonder what the transition to the roads will be like? Has anyone ever done what I'm doing? Well, down around 174! That's 12 pounds down!!!! Peace!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

You must be getting stronger - that is a great run!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...