Monday, March 12, 2012

Back to it!

 The vacation is over.....waaaah! my vacations are seldom real get aways....I still have to deal with many ministry issues....however we did manage a nice visit with family and a couple of days out of town. I managed to get 24 more trees in the ground yesterday and as soon as I'm done here I will try for a few more....prob around 100 left to plant...
  I hadn't run for 4 days!!!! Wow!! Longest off span since way back in early October. I have learned over the years that you cannot make up the lost miles so I just jumped right back in the program and had an excellent effort today. 12.03 miles in 1:54. I did 8 miles @ MP (6.6mph @ 1 degree incline, 9:05's).
  I felt good cardio wise but my feet got tired? Wondering about the Kayanos? Maybe they aren't right for me anymore? Thinking about experimenting with another shoe....any suggestions?
  So, I hope to squeeze in a little reco run tomorrow and Wednesday looks like a tempo run. Busy, busy, busy! Hope you are well! Peace!
 

3 comments:

Marlene said...

Glad you enjoyed a little bit of down time, and nice progress on your trees! Bring on the rain.

I love my kayanos but only for short distances.

lindsay said...

i've been wearing wave riders for ever, so i'm not sure i could offer any other suggestions!

where do you plant these trees? on your property? church property? around town for the community? just curious -- sounds like a LOT of trees!

Mark said...

Linsay, I own 4.6 acres that I am reforseting....building windbreaks and wildlife habitat.

Fell

   So we call this season fall...well it fell! Nearly all the leaves are down and you can see much deeper into the woods. Time stops for no...