Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Keep on Crankin'!

   Well I have over 250 more saplings to get in the ground asap. I managed 50 today. Boy howdy is that hard work! My hands are sore from swinging the pick ax and my back is tired.....even so I had a 5 mile tempo run @ HM pace to get done. I sliced down the warm-up and cool down D to 1 mile and I was able to complete the workout. The pace was 7.1mph @ 1 degree incline-8:27's. I really felt good but right towards the end I WAS done! I think planting the trees taxed me some:) But I love my trees! Now I am praying for rain! It is supposed to rain tonight and that would really be excellent for the babies!
  I am weighing in @ 171lbs consistently....seems these last 6 lbs are going to be tough. I am at fighting weight right now but the loss of 6 more would be great! I am so excited about the next few days as I get to see my grandson. My son and Daughter-in-law, too!
  I hope to get back to tree planting Sunday.
  Observations:
    I was going over marathon race times @ Little Rock for several club members. They all faded terribly on the last 10K. This has happened to me a lot! This is why I believe in the importance of the long run, and not just LSD but at least no slower than 10% slower than race pace. I am already looking forward to my 20 miler comin' up! Peace!!!

3 comments:

Johann said...

Great going Mark! I think the last bit of weight is always difficult but also healthy if it goes slowly. That is a lot of tress to plant. Hope it rains!

Marlene said...

Back at the tree planting! I hope you get lots of rain to help them grow.

Nice work getting that tempo run done. You are at fighting weight and you're a fighter!

Anne said...

That's a lot of hard work. Better workout than at the gym too. Hope the visit with your grandson went well for you.

Duck Waddle 5K Race Report

    Everything went off perfect! Arrival, warm-up, even my expected race pace-8:51's. My Garmin put the course short-3.01 miles. I had ...