Monday, March 5, 2012

Long Run

  I prepared for today's run by hydrating all day yesterday and taking in some extra calories. I planned on a "base pace" long run of 18 miles at a 1 degree incline. The "base pace" is any where between 5.9mph (10:10's) and 6.5mph (9:13's),
  So after a 12 minute warm-up I started at 6mph and increased .1mph every 12 minutes up to 6.5 and repeated until finishing the work out.
  I felt real good cardio wise but my feet are not used to the distance and they started to hurt a bit....I finished the 18 miles in 2:53:58. For me this is really good. I rarely if ever have done a long run at sub 10 average. This figures a 9:39 per mile pace.
  I continue to thin down and I feel confident in my training plan. I will miss three days this week as I will be having family time....much more important than training time!
  I still got the 18 miler in and Wednesday I hope to get a tempo run in the books. Then Sunday I could run a 6-8 mile GA run and still have a great week.
 I really have race fever! My next one for sure is 3/31.....a HM. I plan on running that puppy all out. Hope you are well! Peace!

2 comments:

Marlene said...

You continue to improve! I predict good things at your upcoming half marathon!

Love to Run said...

Awesome Long Run Mark. I don't know how you do it (or anyone for that matter), running that far on a tradmill, but kudo's to you for doing it.

Fell

   So we call this season fall...well it fell! Nearly all the leaves are down and you can see much deeper into the woods. Time stops for no...