Saturday, March 24, 2012

Walk and Run

The weather is amazing! Just beautiful! Sandy and I went for a 2+mile walk together and then I jumped the treadmill for an hour giving me 6.22 more miles. I finished the week with 42+ miles! That's a bunch for me!
  Next week is race week! HM next Saturday! I have established some goals:
    Ultimate: 1:50.00
    Challenging: 1:52:30
    Acceptable: 155:00
I plan on a mile warm up before the race and then settling in at HM pace-8:27's or so....I am going to try! This is really an important race for me. If I can break below 1:55 that will give me a load of confidence going into the Marathon.
  I am working on my last five weeks training schedule. I need a 22 miler in there somewhere. I plan on a mini taper next week, then a recovery period after the HM...not too long nor too short...then the 22 miler...before you know it I will be tapering!
  Hope all is well with you! Peace!!!
 

1 comment:

Marlene said...

Can't wait to see how you do at the half - you are in fine form!

Fell

   So we call this season fall...well it fell! Nearly all the leaves are down and you can see much deeper into the woods. Time stops for no...