Monday, July 30, 2012

Wilderness run

 Man I am excited! I am exploring the trails in our National Forest and it really is fun, I have to run at least 11 miles to run them but it is well worth the distance. Seclusion....quiet....joy! I managed 11.6 miles today....the achilles is barking today! Those hills and trails are ROUGH!
  I would of gone further but had to be in the big city by 11:30. A Mega-church, where I used to go many years ago, I am still friend!, asked me if I would come up and bring my Banjo. A Pastor from Cuba was in town and his one request was to hear a banjo! Well we had use a good old fashioned jam session. I was really blessed! I hope to maybe to Partner with these folks in blessing this young Pastors ministry. What a day! Oh, btw, the lunch was great! Perfect food for a recovering runner....chicken and dumplin's! Peace!

2 comments:

Jill said...

Wow - how fun! I can read the excitement in your words, I can tell you're having a blast! :) I didn't know you played the banjo, that is so very cool!! Enjoy :)

lindsay said...

11+ in the woods! tough on trails. you must really be liking the trails to run for 11+ miles :)

i hope you represented banjo's well for the cuban pastor!

Fell

   So we call this season fall...well it fell! Nearly all the leaves are down and you can see much deeper into the woods. Time stops for no...