Friday, November 1, 2013

Fragile or agile?

   Yesterday I ran easy for 75 minutes covering 7.2 miles. My body felt right at home during the run, it felt easy....like right where I belonged, running at a comfortable pace that I could carry forever. I loved it, yet the body is seeming to be ever so close to a breakdown. The twinges and twangs of a hamstring or whatever always loom in the mind that assesses the state of the body.
  The balance between the fragile and the agile is ever present. Over the years we learn our bodies abilities or limits but if you're like me you tend to push things.
  I want to expand the limits! I want to push and reach a place I've never been but dreamed about being...running is not an escape it's an adventure!
  Today, God willing, I will attempt a 10K time trial. This will be pushing the limits!
Have a great and glorious day! Peace!
 

1 comment:

Johann said...

I know all to well how you feel. I love pushing the limits but sometimes my body just tells me otherwise. Have a super weekend!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...