Thursday, July 31, 2014

Use your head!

    We runners often run only by heart and not head! We become so addicted to running we often run ourselves right out of the sport! Injuries that linger and eventually become inflamed leave us going down in a ball of flames.
  Even yesterday I had to reign myself in and not overdo. Today I feel good and am taking the rest day!! It rained all day yesterday here and we sure needed the moisture. I decided to open the garage door and have a treadmill run...it is much easier than running the hills and I found myself pushing the pace....heart! But quitting at 65 minutes...head! So let the body be ready for tomorrows track day...60 minutes of a possible tempo run. Hope all is well with you!

1 comment:

Johann said...

Very true but sometimes difficult. I run with my heart because I love it so much. It actually takes practice to let the head in there from time to time.

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...