Wednesday, October 29, 2014

4 sleeps

  I will be honest, I am a little nervous about the marathon. I really shouldn't be, everything seems to be falling right in place. I ran 2.6 miles today....hardly worth the time...but it was nice to get out and get some fresh air. I felt okay. The body is recovering and has tons of energy. My concern is getting bloated and overeating during this period. So I'm watching the food intake carefully.
  I do want to run to the best of my ability and I don't want to bonk! I still remember my last marathon. I had a 1:59 at the turn but at 17 miles the wheels came off! It was a tough 9 mile finish. Also I remember feeling lethargic at the start.
 I noticed today how hard it was to run slow. My body says go! I know I'll need to restrain myself and manage my glycogen during the early part of the race.
   Hope all is well with you!!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...