Friday, October 10, 2014

Pace day

   Well as a runner in the throes of the training program I am very sensitive to any ache, pain, etc. Yesterday my right foot, the outside heel/ankle area, began to hurt and get stiff and sore....I tried to ignore, stretch, walk-off, kept running. Woke up today, stiff-sore-but I walked it off and was able to function okay. I was willing to pass up running if necessary but the foot seemed okay enough to try a run. I had an 8.2 mile tempo/progression run on tap. Did it without any pain from the foot but the right hammy began to act up! If it's not one thing it's another! Came in and pulled out the foam roller....feels okay. 8.2 miles in 1:11.29.
   So now I enter my weekend. Off tomorrow....Sundays zap me....I hope to be hydrated and fueled for the 3 hour run coming Monday. Hope all is well with you!!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...