Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Slightly encouraged

  I decided to get out and run today to make up for the loss of miles yesterday and keep the body tuned yet with fewer miles. I started out way to fast and began to feel tired again. I stopped at 2.6 miles and talked to my neighbor that had run Chicago, took back off after 10-15 minutes, felt better and finally felt some of the load (mental) lift off. Finished with some good miles-5.1 total.
  My only goal for the marathon is a lofty one, I think. I would like to run a negative split. All too often I run out of gas and struggle the last 8 miles of a marathon. I'd like to run a well managed race. I will sit down and write out a plan, but basically I'm going to stay as hydrated as possible and take in calories throughout the race.
  Hope all is well with you!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...