Monday, October 20, 2014

Taper begins

 So this training program has consisted of only 4 running days per week. One long run every week. One recovery run of between 8-10 miles, one easy run of 4-5 miles and one pace run of 8 miles. I have been over 40 miles a week for the last 5 weeks. My taper plan was to reduce miles and shoot for MP during each run.
  Today I am extremely tired and draggy. I went out hoping for at least 8 miles and  quit at 3. I am one that has learned that if I don't listen I get hurt so I'm listening.
 My body is saying rest today so I will. I could run tomorrow and make up the miles. Probably wouldn't hurt anything but will add a running day. I guess I'll keep listening and if I feel better I'll try for 5-6 tomorrow. Hope all is well with you!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...