Thursday, August 25, 2016

Overtrained


    Yes, I know better. I have over trained several times in my running career. Some clear signs are: Fatigue-lethargy-trouble sleeping-higher heart rate. Am I currently over trained? I am on the verge of being there....Even with only a 30+ mile a week training regime a person can push themselves too far. I think that being on the verge of over training is okay but now a person must be smart!
   If a day of rest is needed.....TAKE IT! Oh if I would only listen to my own advice!
   Out the door late again. Hot sticky and perfect weather for conditioning the engine for fall weather. 6 miles-slow but sure- Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...