Thursday, September 8, 2016

Gonna Race!


      I had planned on running yesterday but man I was exhausted. I played a gig Tuesday and Wednesday and that wore me out! I finished the gig out this morning....playing in Branson Mo! I knew I needed some sort of run so 3.1 miles with one mile at a 9:34 was the result. I really started to feel good! I think I can run a decent race Saturday so I've decided to go for it!
   I really have no goals....I do know I have slowed down. I have never run a HM slower than 2 hours in my life. I really don't have the training to achieve 9:09's so I expect to come in pretty slow. I guess I need to look at the positive...I am still able to run even at 61! My plan is to warm up good and then push the pace to maximum effort. Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...