Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Day 18


     I ran 10 miles today averaging 9:41's. I feel like I am peaking and my training has been going well. I just need to hold this level of fitness as I taper. I plan on finishing this week with 40 miles. That is the highest weekly total during this training cycle.
   I will begin the taper next Monday as I trim about 25-30% of my mileage off of each run, yet keeping the LSD, mid-distance pace, and speed work efforts intact. This ought to maintain my fitness level.
   I'm working on a race plan. I am thinking about breaking the HM into three segments designed to get as close to the 2 hr mark as possible. Hope you are well! Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...