Monday, December 12, 2016

Day 20-TET


    It is important in training for a race to know when to taper. We have to know our bodies and our personal TET-training effect threshold.
   We can over train and wind up coming to the starting line worn out-or the opposite! We can taper too early and come to the starting line dulled rather than sharp.
  Trial and error will reveal your personal TET. Mine is a 14 day taper with the last long run 12 days before the HM or FM. This is only a 16 miler but qualifies as a long run.
  Then I decrease by at least 25% on every run the next three runs, then I take assessment of how my body feels and what I need to do to maintain sharpness. TET has already been surpassed runs ago so running needs to be fun and playful.
   Today I achieved a quality long run-16 miles at 11:01's. Very pleased! three runs until taper starts!
  Hope all is well with you! Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...