Monday, December 19, 2016

Taper trials!


     There is much discussion about tapering, the hows and whys are the most oft discussed components of tapering.
    The seasoned runner has learned (but maybe not retained) how to listen to their body. Thus with 13 days until the race I have noted that my body is extremely stiff and I need to rest just a tad in order to be properly primed for the race.
  Therefore, this week I will cut-down to just 60% of last weeks miles. Then next Monday I will assess the condition of my body.
  So I ran an LSD run of 10 miles today-60% less than last weeks run. I will rest tomorrow and then run 6 miles on Wednesday. Hope you are well! Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...