Thursday, December 29, 2016

Time flies


    Yesterday I ran 3.6 miles at a med-distance tempo. I felt pretty good. The weather was great. I still think I've prepared and tapered well. I have a short speed work session today.
   I've run a lot of races in my day and one thing I've learned is you never really know how you will feel on race day. Sometimes you feel powerful and strong. You race well and finish having given everything you had in the tank. Other times (rarely) you feel like a slug. Slow, weak, just not your day. However; mind set plays a huge role in how you perform, too.
   Having done the training, having a purposeful plan, thinking positive....this helps immensely!
 Hope you are well! Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...