Saturday, December 24, 2016

Week one Taper in the bag


    Today was a great day to run outside-45ish-gray skies-slight breeze. I managed 6 X .25 repeats with a 1/2 of a tenth rest. My pace was probably too fast but my body felt like running.
  I ran 24.4 miles this week and this reflects the cut down to 60% of last weeks mileage. My plan is to continue the taper with a 40% cut down on the next three runs. I will run Thursday instead of Friday next week, too.
   My training program consists of only 4 running days per week. This is due to the aging issues and increased need for recovery. However; my miles are higher on these days so I can still get 40 miles in! Well I sure hope you have a wonderful Christmas! Merry Christmas! Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...