Monday, April 24, 2017

25,000 in


    Today I reached a goal I thought never attainable. In our local running club, back in the 80's, were a couple of guys who had reached 25,000 lifetime miles. I doubted I could do such a thing.
  Well, 32 years, 5 months, and 8 days after I started logging every run I just ran around the world!
  I averaged 2.11 miles a day, 14.77 a week. I've run 7 marathons innumerable halves, 10K's and 5K's.  I had a consecutive day running streak of 1,186 days.
  I've been called Forrest, had bottles thrown at me, dogs chase me, vans loads of people try to "get" me....it has been an adventure!
   My weight has never gone over 190 but has been as low as 168...I've been obsessed with running and I've had some seasons where injury took me off the roads for lengthy periods.
  All in all I identify myself as a Runner. It is who I am and what I do. My solace is found on the roads. I fellowship with my Creator and Savior as I run. I think, I disassociate, I recharge when I run.
  I've been able to coach several people over the years and I hope my persistence has inspired some. I've even written a training program called "The minute by minute method; transforming from a Muffin to a Monster". It is yet unpublished.
   Well here's to some additional mileage before my course is finished!
           Hope all is well with you! Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...