Sunday, June 11, 2017

Mini Taper


      The taper is an interesting experience. One thing I know, when done right the taper works. I had no opportunity to run for three days in a row this week due to traveling and scheduling. So as I went out to run today  the system was a little stronger. I was running at a brisker pace and felt good.
  Just a brief three day rest (if you want to call it that, I walked the entire Omaha Neb Zoo!) and I felt great, rested, and faster.
    So in regards to doing a taper know that it does pay off. However; the taper is a tricky experience. You have to figure out what works best for you by trial and error.
   For instance; the 5K coming up on the 24th....The week of I will only cut down and skip the day before. Hope you are well! Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...