Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Reverse Milo Effect


    I did a 6X1/4 mile @ 5K pace with one min rest between segments. One mile warm/cool. I was reminded of the "Reverse milo training effect". Milo was an amazing athlete and wrestler around 500BC, "He was said to have achieved the feat of lifting the bull by starting in childhood, lifting and carrying a newborn calf and repeating the feat daily as it grew to maturity."
    The reverse is to start with the Bull and not work up to it.....sometimes in training we do this, however it may not be wise. Pushing ourselves to 90% and enduring the heat of the day....if you survive w/o injury or death you will be amazed at the results!
  Anymore I stick with the Milo Effect. Building a little each day to a goal. So a nice little 4.1 miler today with some quality speed work. Hope you are well! Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...