Friday, June 23, 2017

Summertime!


    The best time of year! Summertime!! I love the long hot days! Sadly I cannot really handle running in the dead of the day but I still  love Summer!
   Yesterday was a very humid day and I enjoyed the time on the roads. 4 miles felt like such a short distance?! My pace was a bit better and I didn't feel so terribly sore?
   Well I guess I will get up early tomorrow and run the local 5K. It has been 7 years since I've raced this distance.
  There are several strategies employed in a 5K. In the 80's and 90's I had a strategy....go out fast and hold on!! I ran enumerable 5K's in the 20-21 minute range. In 1993 I ran my PR of 19:59. I still vaguely remember the suffering of that last mile but I wanted to break 20!
   My plan now....not like I used to do! Yet, I still want to race....amazingly there are a bunch of guys in their 60's around here that race these 5K's so I'll zero in on one I can beat!
  I imagine I'll start a bit slower than race pace and try to accelerate as the run progresses. I plan on a real good warm up, too.
  Hope all is well with you! Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...