Monday, July 24, 2017

The Belt tells no lies!


       Sadly most people are carrying extra weight that can, will and does carry consequences.
   Mainly health....with a Runner it's also speed. A person can run 2 seconds a mile faster for every pound the drop. I find this supposed truth to have some semblance of veracity. Certainly you've noticed as you slim down you feel a little faster?
   I love how the belt reminds us of the direction we are headed...faster or slower! Recently I went up (had to tighten) one notch! Now I am threatening to go up another!!
   Today the heat is on us! No rain for days and 90+ temps for nearly 2 weeks straight! I went out early and go my 11 miler in! I think I'll get faster!
   Hope all is well with you! Peace!

No comments:

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...