Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I tried....

 Famous last words- "I tried". I've always been an adventurer! I love new places, new challenges, and new ideas. I like to give new things a try....you?
  I can't remember where I read this idea but one elite marathoner said for strength and speed training they find a hill that takes 7 minutes to run up at nearly all out pace. Well...that's hard! I have more than enough hills but 7 minutes is an eternity! I managed 3:15 on my first try before I had to pull up...however, that was the best time I ever posted coming up that hill!
  I finished my 8 mile run with my head up and my time down! So two 8 milers this week.....maybe tomorrow off and another 8 miler Friday? Maybe I should run 57 miles in honor of my birthday on Friday?......let me think about that....uh...NO!
  Hope you are well! Try something new today! Peace!

4 comments:

Johann said...

Sounds like hard work on the hill, well done! Next year I'm 50 and I'm still thinking what run to do. 50 minutes sounds good right now.:)

jel said...

Hope ya have a happy Bday Mark!

Marlene said...

That sounds like a grueling workout! 3+ minutes is no joke. Good for you! You will only get stronger.

Lindsay said...

how about 5.7 miles? :) happy birthday!

Sauna

      This is the most wonderful time of year! I love the heat and humidity! Yet I still get out earlier due to my advanced age! 4.4 miles! ...